http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESGLojNYSo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9YMU0WeBwU
These two song's artist is Lady Gaga.
Essay
These two songs from Lady Gaga give totally different feeling to me. In song You and I, the lyric describes the feeling when people want to die, and her emotion is very despair. To show this emotion, this song use a sad and also powerful melody for the background of the music. The song's rhythm is regular; the intensity is very loud; the the pitch is high; the timbre is simple; the speed is very slow, and the organization is ordered. These musical qualities show the emotion and purpose about this song. However, in her other song Poker face, it has totally different feeling when I listen this music. In this song, the lyric is like a game in the life between boy and girl, and it shows temptation. So the background of music or melody is happy and powerful. This song also use regular in the rhythm, but it used soft in the intensity part. The pitch is not high; the timbre is a little more complex; the speed is medium which is faster than You and I, and the organization is ordered in this song. I like Poker Face more than You and I because I like faster speed in the song. You and I gives me a sad feeling after I listened it because its lyric and melody is powerful. However, after I heard Poker Face, I was feeling happy because the melody and musical qualities give me a strong emotion that make me exciting.


No comments:
Post a Comment